Want to prevent accidental purchases from being made on your Apple device?
Simply follow these steps to get complete peace of mind. Please note that these steps may vary depending on the software version that your device is on.
- Tap the 'Settings' icon
- Tap 'Screen Time'
- Tap 'Content & Privacy Restrictions' and then select 'Enable Content & Privacy Restrictions'
- Tap 'iTunes & App Store Purchases'
- In the section 'Require password' tap Always Require
- You will then be prompted to enter a passcode
- Re-enter the passcode to confirm
- Then scroll down to 'In-App Purchases' and turn this off by tapping the switch left
Automatic In-App Purchases are now disabled and a passcode will be required before any purchases are made on your device.